8.12.2014

He Will be Blinking Forever.

Robin Williams killed himself yesterday. I'm not sure how to react. I'm not sure I understand why he would kill himself--I do not know what at all his life was like nor what he suffered from.  But I do know what it's like to want to die. I have not killed myself but I have felt the need to. Acted on the need to. Or apparent need. 

I wonder if he realized that so many people would be upset. But how could he not? He was Robin Williams. Our feelings had nothing to do with his actions. 

People sometimes angrily declare that suicide is a selfish act. They are right. Suicide has nothing to do with the world. It is about choosing the self over suffering. But to do so is to choose the self before life. People are not right however to be angry about such things, as suicide is the last selfish act anyone can take. Therefore it is almost noble. Many times it is the first of selfish acts taken by those who have committed. 

Maybe there is nothing else we can do but allow them to rest in peace. 

No comments: