8.08.2016

Hardened Off

Guess I am just interesting to myself
In a chair
In a corner
But then Steve comes bobbing and ducking into the kitchen.

It's a false hope as he is just making his way to the bathroom
Making his way to the crackers
Like it's nothing cause it's nothing bitch
Still he shows his respect.

All I can do is listen to music
All I want is to look around and notice others watching.

But everyone is in the living room.
Watching reruns.
Watching Will Ferrell and I judge them for knowing the spelling of his name.

The only one who doesn't watch is my love, my Jake-y.
Only because he is sleeping.

Poetry sounds strange without
Helping verbs, without ifs and buts.


I almost want to leave here.
But to be considered less than capable...
I'm too young to be too old,
At least that's what I'm told.
At least that's what I'm told.

No comments: