1.24.2013

Shackles of the Unknown

Some friends of mine run a paranormal investigation group called the Abraham Lincoln Paranormal Research Society or ALPRS. I had spent this previous weekend camping out with the group's president, Chris, and his brother and while we were recording our conversation around the campfire, like the hooligans that we are, Chris caught something on tape that he describes as an orb. An orb in the paranormal sense is thought to be a soul of someone who is haunting the area. Chris had then showed the video to everyone but myself who refused to investigate in a place that I was going to be sleeping in.

Soon afterward the mood had changed around the campfire. While the others tried to keep the fun going, was no longer feeling boisterous but had become more aware of my surroundings. The trees had began to squeak against each other in the wind and an oppressive force had settled upon me. 

This feeling was much like my first interaction with a Ouija board in which I spoke with the spirit of a friend who had been killed in high school. Before, I had never believed in ghosts. I thought death brought nothing but the end, however when you encounter the paranormal for the first time it is impossible to deny their existence. Awareness settles upon you like a dark cloak. It is more than scaring yourself into believing in silly stories because the paranormal affect all of your senses, not just your eyes and ears.

Links:

 An Orb!

No comments: