5.17.2013

Here's two paragraphs...

I had always thought that I’d end up in a loony bin. As if being crazy were a destiny worth having and I simply embraced it. It’s probably the only reason I had found myself in such a place as David E. Butler Hospital back when I was freshly seventeen. I am crazy simply because somehow I got it in my head that this is the ways things should be. Sometimes, I think the reason is the world just put me in a weird spot. Other times it’s because I am less ignorant than is expected. Just last Tuesday I decided that I must be crazy because I am left handed.
The day it happened I was sitting in my principal, Janet’s office. I had been sitting in her office far too often back then but sometimes it just seemed as if there was nowhere else to go. In the past I have always blamed the events leading up to the moment were the reason why. But it was not until this very point that I had decided that I was crazy. It was in this office that I realized that I couldn’t end things myself. I could only hope to give a push in the right directions. Sitting at a table that took up much of the space in the room, I had glared at all of those in front of me. This time there were more people than usual, as I had really fucked up. 

No comments: